(408) 431-6161 | dmeunier@cbnorcal.com

372 S. Main, Suite 2
Alpine, UT 84004

(801) 756-3581
(801) 756-0203 Fax
Facebook Youtube Twitter LinkedIn Google+ Pinterest Send Us a Message

Lehi

A group of Mormon pioneers settled the area now known as Lehi in the fall of 1850, at a place called Dry Creek, in the northernmost part of Utah Valley, near the head of Utah Lake. It was renamed Evansville in 1851, after David Evans, a local bishop in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Other historical names include Sulphur Springs and Snow’s Springs.

The land was organized into parcels of 40 acres (160,000 m2), and new settlers received a plot of this size until the entire tract was exhausted. There was little water to irrigate the rich soil, so it became necessary to divert a portion of American Fork Creek. Evansville consumed up to one-third of the creek’s water as authorized by the Utah Territorial Legislature.

The settlement grew so rapidly that in early 1852, Bishop David Evans petitioned the Utah Territorial Legislature to incorporate the settlement. Lehi City was incorporated by legislative act on February 5, 1852. It was the sixth city incorporated in Utah. The legislature also approved a request to call the new city Lehi, after a Book of Mormon prophet of the same name.

The downtown area has been designated the Lehi Main Street Historic District by the National Park Service, and is on the National Register of Historic Places.


Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.